Please visit this page to find updates on National Junior Honor Society activities and deadlines.
Current Application for FALL 2018 is due by October 19th 2018 (deadline was extended by 1 week)
Pick up an application in room 613 with Mrs. Sandoval or in the PE Girls Office with Mrs. Burleson
COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES:
1. The Salvation Army can use student volunteers throughout the school year to:
- run donation drives for food, canned goods, personal hygiene products, clothing, shoes, coats & jackets, diapers, toys, etc.
- stock and organize shelves within their food pantry
- wrap and hand out presents donated for the holidays
- dress in spirit wear, represent your school and programs, and ring the bells to collect donations around the holidays!
Contact LAURA BLOOM 661-210-1037 or email@example.com
Santa Clarita marathon is coming up, and many other volunteer opportunities.
3. Making food for the homeless at:
North Oaks Church 27570 Whites Canyon Road Canyon Country, CA 91351
Tuesday November 27th
Thursday December 27th
Wednesday January 23rd
Wednesday February 13th
Monday March 11th
Friday March 29th
Times: from 3-5 or 4-6 pm. Contact organization for more info.
4. RAMPAGE 35
November 3, 2018
Hart Regiment Band and Colorguard field-show competition needs volunteers.
Click the link to sign up:
5. THANKSGIVING HELP- Serving Meals to SeniorsOur Annual Thanksgiving Feast at the Senior Center quickly approaching, and we need help getting the word to all of our schools. We’re going to feed a couple hundred seniors at the center and send home 500 meals to folks who can’t get out. We would love student volunteers, families and friends to make this a memorable Thanksgiving for our seniors.
We need volunteers for the day before and on Thanksgiving day. We are looking for people to help set up, serve, package goods, entertain (play instruments or sing), clean up, and most importantly visit with our Seniors. Volunteers are needed for either Wednesday evening from 6:30-8:00pm, or Thursday from 9am-3:00pm (several shifts to choose from). For students interested in working on Wednesday or who would like to play music or sing please contact Shonna August at firstname.lastname@example.org . For students interested in Thursday please contact Terry Wibbels at email@example.com or call 661-478-1262. Due to a lack of cell service at work email is preferred.
COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS EXTENDED DEADLINE!!! WE WILL ACCEPT COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS UNTIL NOVEMBER 5TH. THIS GIVES YOU ONE EXTRA WEEKEND TO VOLUNTEER, POSSIBLY AT THE
SCV MARATHON...sign up at www.santaclaritavolunteers.com
Please remember to turn in service hours to Mrs. Sandoval in room 613 or Mrs. Burleson in the girls Gym office.
Applications for our first field trip can be picked up in room 613 this week!
We are going to a UCLA women's basketball game on
Sunday Nov 18th.
117 Thank you letters for Operation Gratitude were made this week. Great Job Honor Society!!